Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Waiting to INHALE

I don’t get sick. Every flu season everyone around me comes down with all the usual ailments, from colds to bronchitis to walking pneumonia and everything in between while I remain smug and uncongested.

Well not this year. This year I come down with just a little ol' common cold that has put me out of commission since the 2nd week of November. Not only was I the first person in my circle to get sick this season, I had to skip out on the traditional Turkey Trot and forgo about 3 weeks of half marathon training. Not being able to breathe has made running impossible. 



NONE OF THIS STUFF WORKS!!!


I generously passed my germs along to everyone I’ve come in contact with and commiserated with them as we were all sick together.Then I watched everyone around me get better one at a time until I was the only one STILL sick.

And here we are in December. While I'm still congested, it's not so bad that I can't run just a little bit. So for the past week I’ve been running a couple of miles at a time so as not to completely lose my conditioning. But that was hardly keeping up with my training for the RnR half marathon I have coming up in Arizona in January.

And then yesterday, finally, I had a breakthrough. I was determined to run the scheduled 5 miles that my virtual coach assigned me and I did! HOORAY! 11:31 minute pace. I’ll take it.

Next up is a 5 mile tempo run on Wednesday. I’m sooo looking forward to it. While I miss being at 100%, I miss running even more.

8 comments:

  1. I hear ya, girl! I have a tendency to get sick when I travel and I had 3 flights in 6 weeks which allowed me to keep building sickness on top of sickness. I can finally breathe without the usage of a nose spray (YAY), but my ears will not unplug and it's obnoxious!

    Hang in there and I hope you are back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Hope you get well and stay healthy. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are fully recovered by now. I HATE being sick!!!

    ps. you've been "tagged" (see my blog). I apologize if you've already been tagged with "11 Things," or if you hate being tagged. Happy if you love being tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's remarkable to pay a visit this website and reading the views of all friends concerning this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting experience.

    Feel free to visit my site: elektronisk cigaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. She gοt the strategy frοm coоking pioneeг Barbaгa Κerг.
    The ρublіcan requеsteԁ Dаіsy, his barmaid,
    to саrry some celebratοгy combined
    beverages. (You are aiming fоr the consistency of ρеanut buttеr.


    Loοk at my websіte ... farberware pizza stone set

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    my page: tinyurl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just couldn't go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information an individual provide for your guests? Is going to be back incessantly in order to investigate cross-check new posts

    My webpage: Kindergeburtstag Extrem Kletterzentrum in Mannheim - Mamilade.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could certainly see your expertise in the article you write.
    The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not
    afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.



    Also visit my blog post ... upangel.com

    ReplyDelete